Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My version of Publisher is 1.7.0.249

Have tried to get page numbering to work but after selecting TEXT and then INSERT, there is no PAGE NUMBER. Is it missing from my version or have I failed to do something.

Cheers

Rog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Abacab said:

My version of Publisher is 1.7.0.249

Have tried to get page numbering to work but after selecting TEXT and then INSERT, there is no PAGE NUMBER. Is it missing from my version or have I failed to do something.

Cheers

Rog

Try the Fields Studio, but also the menu list should be Text > Insert > Fields > Page Number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm (just about) managing to cope with numbering pages for a book, but after inserting the text into the frame on the master page, the page number appears absolutely enormous – to make it look sensible I have to reduce the font size to about 4pt. Am I doing something wrong?

I normally use InDesign, which doesn't have that problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Kuptin said:

I'm (just about) managing to cope with numbering pages for a book, but after inserting the text into the frame on the master page, the page number appears absolutely enormous – to make it look sensible I have to reduce the font size to about 4pt. Am I doing something wrong?

I normally use InDesign, which doesn't have that problem.

Sounds like you may have scaled the Text Frame using the lower-right, detached, handle rather than the corner handle. Doing that would also enlarge the text.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Sounds like you may have scaled the Text Frame using the lower-right, detached, handle rather than the corner handle. Doing that would also enlarge the text.


I'd followed the instructions to the letter. But I did discover the problem – for some reason Drop Caps was checked! How on earth???

Thanks anyway for your help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong here? Page numbers work on almost all other pages in the doc (Only one Master Page) but maybe I screwed up somewhere. I attached a pic of the layers of the page in case that's where I screwed up 

 

 

Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 19.49.37.png

Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 19.50.18.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, David Gerson said:

Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong here? 

Hi @David Gerson,

the red dots indicate text overflow of the text frame in which your page numbers are placed. Try to make the text frame wider (on the master page).

d.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.