You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thank you for your great work with regular expressions. It met my expectations and works well with Polish conjunctions.
On the screenshots, you can see how regular expressions correct conjunctions at the end of the line.

"Search and replace", where we enter the following expressions:

Search for a regular expression:
(\s[iuawzoIUAWZO])(\s)
- for individual characters

(\s(Do|W|We|Z|Za|Ze|I|O|U|A|do|w|we|z|za|ze|i|o|u|a))(\s)
or 
(\s\b.{1,2}\b)\s
- for longer words

Tekst zastępujący:
\1[Non Breaking Space - from the pop-up menu]

The rules come from: https://swiatczytnikow.pl/jak-pozbyc-sie-wiszacych-spojnikow-w-calibre/

It would be useful to be able to save the rule in the Publisher. Maybe it exists and I did not find it?

PS. Sorry for my English - Google translate 

01-before.png

02-after.png

03-before.png

04-after.png

• Staff

Thanks, that's interesting.

Is this a request for "save search", or have you found any problems using this search?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Thanks, I've moved it to a more suitable forum for others to see and join the discussion

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 9 months later...
39 minutes ago, mokry said:

There is indeed a problem with this function in Publisher. Having another button in 'Find and Replace' panel labelled 'Save as a Rule' would be nice!

1.8 (currently in beta) keeps a recently-used list of find and of replace expressions.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

16 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

1.8 (currently in beta) keeps a recently-used list of find and of replace expressions.

I find the recently-used list to be nearly useless in that I frequently make mistakes and have to retype the thing and then correct the correction(s) so the list quickly becomes populated with my mistakes.

It is better than nothing but a saved set could be very nice for for complex items. I use this feature in BBEdit and will copy from that on occasion.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I find the recently-used list to be nearly useless in that I frequently make mistakes and have to retype the thing and then correct the correction(s) so the list quickly becomes populated with my mistakes.

It is better than nothing but a saved set could be very nice for for complex items. I use this feature in BBEdit and will copy from that on occasion.

That would be a reasonable feedback comment for the Publisher Beta forum, if you haven't mentioned it there already.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
22 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

Can we also add regex to paragraph style?

No, it's only available as a manual Find/Replace operation.

-- Walt
PC:

15 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

OK....but can be expected /soon/ ? ;)

There's no way to know if Serif plans to provide that function, nor when they might do so.

-- Walt
PC:

• 2 years later...

Koledzy, czy sposób działa Wam w 2023 roku, ponieważ po postawieniu nowego systemu i zainstalowaniu Publishera 1.9 przestało mi działać przerzucanie wiszących spójników do następnej linii, mimo że korzystałem z funkcji z powodzeniem ostatnie 3-4 lata?