macmacmac

Can I include the text frame fill color in paragraph style or style?

I cannot figure out how to include the text frame fill color in a paragraph style. I am also not able to save the text frame fill color in a style. The style only includes the white text color. Thanks for any help.

- Martin

text frame with fill color.png

If you want a coloured background in a paragraph, you need to use "decoration" option, at the bottom of the text style.

The text frame background colour can't be save in a paragraph style, style it's a different object.

I don't think it would make sense to save the Text Frame background in a paragraph style, as the frame may contain more than one paragraph (whose styles could specify different backgrounds) but the frame can have only one background.

However, I'm sure that I have been able to create a Style from a Text Frame, including the background, font, font size, etc.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

Thank you for the answers! I'll look into the decoration option.

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

However, I'm sure that I have been able to create a Style from a Text Frame, including the background, font, font size, etc.

You are correct. I don't know what I did wrong but now it also works for me.