You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What am I doing something wrong --- watched james's fft denoise video but I cannot get a similar window to his. My panel is very big --  just realizing that I do get large similar panels [blend range) most of the time  
How do I ''zoom in" as James puts it 
SS of my screen 
Cheers

denoise.jpg

You can enlarge the FFT Denoise window which I suppose give a pseudo zoom feel.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks for the the replies --- since posting I have had to reboot the computer as Affinity was crashing and now I can  enlarge the pop-up window with Ctrl + scroll; however I still only get one dot in the middle as in the screen shot. I cannot get the multiply dot as in the video or ''zoom out to get more dots'' . Have tried an older noisier file  / zoomed into image with no joy :(

My pop-up window still seems far larger than in the video  

The reason James has all of the points is because of the pattern that runs in the file, having less of those points means your image doesn't have enough of a noise pattern to remove. 

On Mac the Alt plus stroke back and forth on the Magic Mouse gives you zoom in and out.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Run the FFT Denoise filter on this image to see the difference, because it has a regular pattern of noise the FFT Denoise filter will identify that regular pattern and create points in the FFT Denoise window.

moonlanding.png