You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0.111 bugs

I just started the beta version 111, but this is not working nice. First step was to add an unsharp mask to the picture as live masker. Setting the sliders was one but doing something else was impossible because the sliders fall automatically back to opening position.Then clicking the crop tool let disappear complete history, only after clicking another tool the history is back again. But the settings of the unsharp mask can only be used as last, you have to save the picture directly after this step. In Publisher the mask values looks te be ok, but at double click and opening the Live mask, the sliders are in start position again.

• Staff

Hi LeoC,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I'm not able to reproduce the issue with the live Unsharp Mask filter. Do you mind attaching your file for us to take a look please?

Regarding the Crop Tool and History panel this is by design. The Crop Tool history steps are independent from the main document history and only register changes you perform while using the crop tool. As soon as you apply/finish the crop, the History panel displays the main document's history steps again.

• Staff

Hi LeoC,
Thanks for the file. What I believe it's happening is you are clicking outside the filter dialog, over the image. Since the filter can also be adjusted by dragging the mouse over the image on canvas (notice the cursor changes to a white arrow with a small line/meter below), when you click on it you set the radius to 0px which is the distance you've "dragged" (it was a click so it sets the radius to 0 (zero) since there's no drag distance). If you set the radius value using the slider in the filter dialog and close the dialog - the value will be kept. Same if you simply select other tool or perform any action other than clicking on canvas while the filter dialog is opened. This behaviour is by design.

You are right, I've test it and it seems to work as you describe. I never had this before, is this a new in 111? Can you explain how the "dragging" works because I'm not able to steer this with the mouse, both direction will end far in radius 500. I see different behaviour in different colours but I don't see any logic in this behaviour.

• Staff

For the radius, the direction of the drag on canvas in irrelevant. What matters is how much distance you drag the cursor/mouse. This is intended to be used when you are zoomed in considerably in the image so you can make small adjustments by dragging the mouse if you want - the value is defined by the distance where you start dragging the cursor up to when you stop the drag. If you are zoomed out and have all the image visible on screen, any small movements with the mouse/cursor will translate into abrupt changes in the radius slider value so here adjusting the slider directly in the filter dialog is the best approach.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 11:48 AM, MEB said:

For the radius, the direction of the drag on canvas in irrelevant. What matters is how much distance you drag the cursor/mouse. This is intended to be used when you are zoomed in considerably in the image so you can make small adjustments by dragging the mouse if you want - the value is defined by the distance where you start dragging the cursor up to when you stop the drag. If you are zoomed out and have all the image visible on screen, any small movements with the mouse/cursor will translate into abrupt changes in the radius slider value so here adjusting the slider directly in the filter dialog is the best approach.

Hey @MEB an idea: what if the app adjusted the drag amount based on the users zoom percentagr and image’s dpi to yield “appropriate” or in-range values for the dragging mechanism?

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.