On 7/16/2019 at 8:35 AM, JimWelch said:

Additionally, FoxIt (free) PDF viewer allows you to create bookmarks using a UI.

Thanks for this Jim... the free FoxIt PDF viewer did work for me to add bookmarks manually... thankfully I only have a few to add. 

On 3/19/2020 at 4:23 PM, Chaosmeister said:

it's 1.8 and not Bookmarks in sight. Come on Serif. I regret ever giving you my money.

I suppose this may have been tongue in cheek, but I certainly feel the exact opposite.  I'll give Serif my money every day and twice on Sundays if that means I don't need to shell out 1000x more for an Adobe subscription. 

That said, I do agree that bookmark support is an important feature for a lot of our workflows, and it does unfortunately mean that Publisher isn't a 100% complete alternative to InDesign/Framemaker etc.  It certainly pains me to "finish" my work in Publisher, only to need some other application to actually finish it.  So I support you in this feature request! 

Chiming in that I'd also like to see this at some point as an included feature. Just messing with the trial now to get a grips for the software, but bookmarks would certainly help with the purchase decision.

Hi

Of course we all find some solution to add bookmars on PDF exported whith Affinity Publisher
BUT why it should be so complicated? I am very happy of my trial version of Affinity Publisher. I just buy the complete version today

Please Serif add this feature as soon as possible, it is sadly missing

Hi there,

I see no support on this on the latest version (1.8.3). We are slowly trying to migrate to Affinity products in my studio, but some missing features in Publisher prevent it. Designer is great, Photo is great. Publisher...still not there yet.

Is there any official roadmap for this? Any news from Affinity?

I consider bookmarks a necessary feature. It's usually one of the main reasons not to get Affinity when people ask me if it's worth it. Please add soon!

Posted (edited)

I really think this needs to be a feature, its not right we have to find other software to do this which I still haven't yet managed to find one.
Foxit reader will  let you do it one at a time which = very time consuming.
It would be much better to generate it from the hyperlinks in the TOC.
The other missing aspect is importing of hyperlinks with a pdf..
Please work on adding these aspects.

Edited by derrickmg

Hi There,

I would like to explain to Affinity product managers just why this is a critical feature, along with some better way to create "book" files.

I'm publishing books.  I don't write them and papers.  I have to send these out to 4 different teams to work on them.  The teams get PDFs. I cannot edit the PDFs bookmarkes, then receive feedback from the teams and then manually recreate the bookmarks again.

Please add this feature and let us know when it will be implemented.