You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Improve Focus Merge Workflow by Dragging Images

I would like to have the ability to drag multiple images onto the Focus Merge window, rather than use the Add button to select the images from a folder.

Background:  I use an Olympus OM-D camera with built-in focus bracketing to focus stack my jewelry photos.  This works very well with the Affinity Photo Focus Merge feature.  However, you have to "Add" the bracketed images to the Focus Merge window, which means browsing to the sub-folder that contains the images and selecting the one's you want to add for merging.

When I import my camera images to the PC, the Olympus "Viewer" automatically opens and displays my focus bracketed images.  It would be much faster to simply select the images in the viewer and drag them onto the AP Focus Merge window rather than browse through sub-folders.  I'm able to select multiple Olympus Viewer images and drag them to AP Photo Persona, but this creates multiple individual image tabs.  Would it be possible in the future to drag multiple images into the Focus Merge window?

• 2 months later...

I agree! I would also really appreciate it if the HDR and Focus Merge dialogs remembered their settings, and if the new image was titled using the names of the input images.

The way Hugin panorama stitcher does it is simple and effective: files are titled "FirstFileName – LastFileName.xxx" Otherwise I have to go back to the finder to copy the filename and paste it in before saving each new merged image.

Thanks!

musician | sound+video artist | engineer

arvidtomayko.comyourheaven.net

I agree that such a facility would be nice, but I would not give it a high priority. You would be saving just a few seconds that you now 'waste' finding your image folder.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630