You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

been using Designer for quite some time now and couldn't be happier that I left Adobe Illustrator behind. However, I have a minor problem and I can't find a solution in AD for this. A picture says a thousand words. :)

In Illustrator, there was an option to have each dashed/dotted line be drawn the same way at the start and end point (don't know, what it was called, hope you understand what I mean). I've tried to recreate this behaviour in AD, but I can't find a solution, the joints always look somewhat messy. I know, it's a minor and mostly cosmetical problem, but it bugs me...

All lines in the picture are seperate, joining them doesn't help, obviously.

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Affinity doesn't have that Adobe Illustrator feature, you could try using the phase option to adjust alignment.

This is what you are talking about, it doesn't really have a name, more a long tooltip.

Included a screenshot so people understand the question :D
Screen-Shot-2019-03-01-at-08-10-39.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

No Problem, It's hard to describe something that people either have never seen and or doesn't actually have a name, it also helps others understand the question and maybe learn, then think Affinity should have that feature and nag the devs to death to have it lol! I had to open illustrator up to see if it had a name I suppose we could use the acronym ADTCAPEALTF lol!

Just been on Adobe Illustrator help and from what I have read that tool tip is the name lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, SirWillibald said:

Will give the phase function a try, thank you!

As you probably quickly will see, it is very 'fiddly' & not a very good solution for this 'align to fit' issue.  :(

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

9 minutes ago, R C-R said:

As you probably quickly will see, it is very 'fiddly' & not a very good solution for this 'align to fit' issue.  :(

Hmm... Already tried that, you're more than right. The result is OK, but very time consuming if you have multiple lines like I have.

OK, where "nag the devs to death"? ;)

• Staff

Hi SirWillibald,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The dev team is aware of this (missing) functionality. It was requested a few times here in the forums. I'm checking if we have an improvement request logged for this already and I will fill one if not. It's then up to the dev team o decide if/when implement it.