You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paragraph Leading value changes unexpectedly

I recently noticed that, in some cases, clicking the Paragraph Leading value changes its value to something completely unexpected. In the example below, value changed from 9.2pt to 1.314 (without units).

2019-02-28_09-21-51.gif.c90e86623e894c5fb238fb9c068e5bf2.gif

By the way, yt would be nice if AD retained the unit entered in the Character and Paragraph fields. E.g. "20 px" gets converted to "18.8 pt", which is not very informative. But I believe this would be best suited to the wish list.

• Staff
20 hours ago, rubs said:

I recently noticed that, in some cases, clicking the Paragraph Leading value changes its value to something completely unexpected. In the example below, value changed from 9.2pt to 1.314 (without units).

2019-02-28_09-21-51.gif.c90e86623e894c5fb238fb9c068e5bf2.gif

By the way, yt would be nice if AD retained the unit entered in the Character and Paragraph fields. E.g. "20 px" gets converted to "18.8 pt", which is not very informative. But I believe this would be best suited to the wish list.

Would you be able to attach a document that exhibits this please? Just tried it myself and this wasn't happening.

Regarding the request, it is very unlikely that will change. I would suggest unchecking 'Show text in points' in Preferences > User Interface as you can then set the size based on your document units.

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Would you be able to attach a document that exhibits this please? Just tried it myself and this wasn't happening.

Unfortunately I don't have a path to faithfully reproduce this bug. Closing and opening AD solved it. I'll keep an eye on it, though.

Regarding the request, it is very unlikely that will change. I would suggest unchecking 'Show text in points' in Preferences > User Interface as you can then set the size based on your document units.

Yes, but if I do that I'll see all text in pixels, which may be not what I want. Maybe separating distance units from text units would be a better idea...

15 minutes ago, rubs said:

Maybe separating distance units from text units would be a better idea.

I'm not convinced of that. Knowing that you have 12 pt type and a leading of .0188 inches doesn't seem very useful, to me.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

20 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I'm not convinced of that.

Me neither :D Just a wild idea. It would be very nice to optionally separate these units if desired. That would be handy for UI design, but probably not so useful for graphic work. I believe allowing professional users to change advanced settings like this would resolve hundreds of discussions at once. Oh well...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.