You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

significant performance drop

I've installed the most recent Beta update and I'm getting A LOT of beach balling and saving a document is taking several minutes. Opening the resource manager took a minute or so.

I've not had problems like this before so I think it is likely to be something to do with the most recent beta.

File is about 550MB. It took around 20 minutes to save to a network share. During this time, my machine was very noticeably slower navigating to other network directories etc.

I have now tried saving it to my desktop and it is quite a bit quicker but still very slow for a 550MB file. Still taking around a minute (on 2018 MacBook Pro so with a very fast internal SSD)

After a while, the performance is dropping again. Something as simple as deleting a text box has a lag of a couple of seconds. This definitely appears to be a new problem with this latest version (although I am not sure whether I used the previous version or not).

1 minute ago, Jon P said:

Hi robinp,

I assume this slow behaviour is not present on a new document?

If so are you able to upload the document here

Thanks

Hi

I haven't tried with a new document but my colleague was complaining about it being quite slow on a much smaller new document. I can test.

I'll upload the document now. Please delete it once you've tested. It is not for publishing publicly.

Robin

• Staff

Hi Robinp,

Thanks for the document, interacting with it seems fine on my end and a save to desktop took less than 10 seconds, I'll test it on some different systems and see if I can reproduce the slow behaviour.

It's a bit hopeful, but it might be worth resetting the app (you will lose any user settings) by holding down control whilst running it up and seeing if that improves performance at all.

What are the specs of your Mac?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Just now, Jon P said:

Hi Robinp,

Thanks for the document, interacting with it seems fine on my end and a save to desktop took less than 10 seconds, I'll test it on some different systems and see if I can reproduce the slow behaviour.

It's a bit hopeful, but it might be worth resetting the app (you will lose any user settings) by holding down control whilst running it up and seeing if that improves performance at all.

What are the specs of your Mac?

Thanks

Hi

I've only just reinstalled it after having my Mac replaced by Apple so . It is a 2018 MacBook Pro 13 quad core. It's a pretty decent little machine.

I am saving to a NAS server, but this hasn't been a problem before. Saying that, I've just opened the file and saved and it has done it in less than 30 seconds. Maybe whatever was causing the problems is intermittent. I had got to the point where it was taking around 30 minutes yesterday evening.

Robin

Sorry to hear about your difficulty, robinp.

On a Mac running 10.13.6 I don't seem to have the same difficulty. Good luck to you.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:31 AM, Jon P said:

resetting the app (you will lose any user settings) by holding down control whilst running it up

I have a question: Do you know which file should be backed up so that one can restore user settings easily? Or is there a better way of doing this?

Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.9.3

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.