Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone, woke up today to find this bug, was perfectly fine yesterday now everything is in low res. I am running MacOS Mojave (Macbook Pro 15 inch late 2015) with APB in 1.7.0 I think (just updated). Already tried to unistall it and install it again. Thank You

Somebody can help?

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 17.50.18.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi abaldetti,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Keep the first three checkboxes ticked and press Clear. This should fix the issue. Let us know if not.

Thank You Very much for replying, it doesn't show ani dialog,  tried shift+cmd ,  shift+alt/option and what you said shift+ctrl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abaldetti said:

Thank You Very much for replying, it doesn't show ani dialog,  tried shift+cmd ,  shift+alt/option and what you said shift+ctrl

No Shift. Just Control, hold that one key down until the app starts up and you see the screen.

 


MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.337 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.128 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

No Shift. Just Control, hold that one key down until the app starts up and you see the screen.

 

Oh I see, It now showed me the screen and I kept only the first 3 checkboxes checked, but it's still blurry/lowres. :(

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 14.02.38.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Still blurry/low-res after you clicked Clear and the application UI appeared?

Yes Walt, It's still blurry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MEB said:

Do you mind restarting the system please, just to rule a few things out.

Just restarted It, the UI and documents still are in low resolution

Edited by abaldetti
clarifying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MEB said:

What settings/resolution are you using for your screen - is it set Default for display in macOS Preferences? Are you using any third party/menu utilities that may interfere with the resolution/window management? Also is this the main screen or are you using a dual monitor config?

It's a default settings Macbook Pro 15 2015, no dual monitor or any software for displays or related. It just affects Affinity Publisher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MEB said:

What settings/resolution are you using for your screen - is it set Default for display in macOS Preferences? Are you using any third party/menu utilities that may interfere with the resolution/window management? Also is this the main screen or are you using a dual monitor config?

 

37 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Still blurry/low-res after you clicked Clear and the application UI appeared?

 

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

No Shift. Just Control, hold that one key down until the app starts up and you see the screen.

 

Thank You All of You, Fixed it, looking everywhere found a checkbox in preferences that said Open in Low Resolution, unchecked and it's back to normal.  How weird!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, abaldetti said:

...found a checkbox in preferences that said Open in Low Resolution...

Thanks, I'll try to remember that for when this happens to me. And it will, sigh.


MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.6.1 | Affinity Photo 1.6.7 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.337 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.0.128 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, abaldetti said:

Fixed it, looking everywhere found a checkbox in preferences that said Open in Low Resolution, unchecked and it's back to normal.

I was just about to suggest that! Glad you weren't just sitting around waiting for slowpoke me!

This feature has "surprised" me before, usually when I first use a new beta.

For anyone else looking for a solution, what has worked for me are two menus (not a checkbox) in the Performance pane of the Preferences dialog. See below ("View Quality" and "Retina Rendering"):

image.png.c948681c20bf99c7bc86c3685c12e47c.png


Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.7.0.305

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cubesquareredux said:

I was just about to suggest that! Glad you weren't just sitting around waiting for slowpoke me!

This feature has "surprised" me before, usually when I first use a new beta.

For anyone else looking for a solution, what has worked for me are two menus (not a checkbox) in the Performance pane of the Preferences dialog. See below ("View Quality" and "Retina Rendering"):

image.png.c948681c20bf99c7bc86c3685c12e47c.png

I know right, I don't imagine a situation where you want to use a low res mode in a graphics focused program...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×