You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

eps file works on trial version but not on full

I downloaded a trial version of AD last week and found the exported eps file to be working well with my vinyl cutter software. After the trial version has expired I purchased the full version. However, I have now discovered that the eps file created in the full version was not able to be read by my cutting/plotting software. Have I missed something here? 

• Staff

I wonder if your Trial was from before 2nd April? If so, it will be using the older EPS export code that was replaced in the recent Mac App Store update version 1.2. The Trial version was updated to be 1.2 as soon after as we could manage to build it and upload it.

If there is a problem with the current EPS output and your cutter software, we can obviously try to work towards a solution. What cutter software are you using? Are you designing in RGB or CMYK before output to EPS? What EPS version are you outputting (you can choose this and it may make a big difference as to whether your other software reads it properly) Are you using simple primitives rather than images or effects?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I downloaded the trial version on the 2nd of April, ver 1.1.2. I am just using a low end cutter program that came with my cutter/plotter - artcut 2009. Colour format is CMYK when I looked it up on the document properties. What do you mean by EPS versions and what are the options? Apologies, I didn't have any previous experience with vector programs. Is there any way I can still use the trial version? I specifically purchased AD so I can use it for my cutter, now I'm stuffed and can't cut designs for my customers  :( .

Thanks,

bunny34