You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Discrepancies between shape box dimension and real shape dimension

Strange title for this post, but my English is not good enough to give it a better title.

Step: Create a polygon and transform it to 60 x 60 mm width and height
Result: The outer object box is bigger than the polygon itself

I assume where it comes from: You can possibly distort the shape until it gets the dimensions you typed into the transform panel. To get the correct dimensions you have to convert the shape into curves. An extra step I would love to see eliminated. See attached image for clarification and more shapes with this "problem".

Edit: It seems to be, that text wrap takes the shape dimension into account and not the shape box dimension, which is correct.

discrepancy-dimensions.jpg

Edited by Joachim_L
Added information

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

On the context toolbar is an option called "Cycle Selection Box".... This is not a beta issue, and has been discussed before. We think the behaviour is correct.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.