You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole anchors and hyperlinks thing, but I can't seem to make this work.

What I want to happen is have a list of items on page 1 to link to various sections on the following pages (I know there is the TOC, but I'm trying to exactly replicate an academic publication for an online PDF)

• I create some text on pages 2 through to 4, heading these pages with 'This is my anchor1 text' on page 2 and on page 4 'This is my anchor2 text'
  • I create some text on page 1 eg 'This is my hyperlink text to anchor1' and 'This is my hyperlink test to anchor2'

Two things happen

1. When I select the text that I want to become the anchor on pages 2 and 4 it disappears when I add the anchor - I expected the text would become the anchor called the text I had selected, so I just placed the carat at the end of the text and named it Anchor1 and the same for Anchor2.
  2. When I select the text on page 1 to become the hyperlinks and chose Anchor there is nothing listed - I expected to see Anchor1 and Anchor2 to choose from whereas if I choose Page I can see all the page numbers in my document in the drop down list.

Should the selected text in 1 remain?

Is this blank Anchor listing in 2 a bug?

Thanks,

Ken

2019-02-26 blank anchors.png

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Not sure if there are other ways to do this. This is what works for me. You have to create the anchor first.

Highlight the text or object you want to be the anchor.

Go to    Text>>Interactive>>Insert Anchor.  A box will popup with the text that you highlighted, you can change the name if you want. You can also do that later.

Next highlight the text you want to be the link. Go to  Text>>Interactive>>Insert Hyperlink. A box will popup, for Hyperlink type choose anchor, the next box should have a list of all of the anchors you have created. Choose the one you want. I tend to create a lot of anchors then  go back and create the links to them.

You can also rename, change type of link and change targets in the Hyperlink studio. You can test to see if your link and anchor are correct by using the two buttons at bottom left of the Hyperlink studio.

Hi Sean ans somewhereinusa,

Thanks, but the screenshot above shows the hyperlink studio's Anchors after having inserted two anchors named Anchor1 and Anchor2

I've tried a Ctrl runup and reverted everything back to factory defaults but the same problem persists - I place the carat where I want to insert an anchor then go to Text > Interactive > Insert Anchor; name this anchor then select the text I want to hyperlink to the anchor, right click or go to Text menu Interactive > Insert Hyperlink and select Anchor from the hyperlink type dropdown but the Anchor list is blank.

I've attached the file I'm working on that shows this happening. It has two anchors set up but the hyperlink studio doesn't list either of them.

hsb233 vol16 no12.afpub

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.