You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master edits not reflected on pages

Did you guys really plan that every time one edits a text frame on a master the said master needs to be reapplied to pages before those changes reflect on them? Or is this just a bug? Tell me it's a bug.

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

I am not seeing this behaviour here, sometimes it will take a (very) short while for the edits to populate the Pages Studio thumbnails but I don't think that is what you are complaining about. I am currently working with only one Master Page and perhaps you have more than one applied. If that is the case then do you have a document you could upload?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Interesting... I created a text box on page 1 of a 4-page document, then selected it an cut, then switched to the master page and pasted.  If I navigate to any of the pages the text box is there, but it is not visible in the thumbnails in the Pages panel.

I had a similar problem.

In a master-page header I had inserted the usual <Section Name> marker, but when the name of the section was changed via the Section Manager, the altered name did not immediately show up on actual pages. Sometimes it showed up if I re-applied the master (although I don't see why I should have had to re-apply the master). Other times I had to remove the marker from the master-page, then re-type it, and then fiddle around in unspecified ways before the change would show up.

In the current beta (249), the problem is a little bit different. If I change a label in the Section Manager, I can see the change reflected "in real time" in the header of a page in the background — but if I click on the window's red close control (without clicking the window's "Close" button), the change still goes through. I'm not sure this is how the Section Manager dialog should work. If I click the Section Manager widow's red close button, shouldn't the changes I made be canceled?

(If this comment should be moved to a Section Manager topic, please move it.)

Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.9.3

On 2/26/2019 at 11:47 PM, Old Bruce said:

I am not seeing this behaviour here, sometimes it will take a (very) short while for the edits to populate the Pages Studio thumbnails but I don't think that is what you are complaining about. I am currently working with only one Master Page and perhaps you have more than one applied. If that is the case then do you have a document you could upload?

Sorry. Was working last week with this file that had several master spreads and I had the publication issue n:o running on two of them. After changing the publication number I had to re-apply masters to all spreads for the changes to apply. But this week, when I tried to reproduce the issue, it was gone. So no “live specimen” for inspection here.

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.