You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Numbered list affects alphabetical list's sequence

If you have a numbered list and it is accompanied by alphabetical list, the latter inherits the sequence from the former.
This can be fixed by setting the lists to different levels, but still I don't think they should be affected by each other's sequences.

I created the alphabetical style just by duplicating the numerical and changing the list type.

ABClist.jpg

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

46 minutes ago, Läppä said:

This can be fixed by setting the lists to different levels, but still I don't think they should be affected by each other's sequences.

If it is at the same level, it is the same sequence, so this behavior makes perfect sense and should be expected.

3 minutes ago, fde101 said:

If it is at the same level, it is the same sequence, so this behavior makes perfect sense and should be expected.

Sorry mate, but no. Then it's another list altogether. You may have consecutive lists of different types and they all should start from 1 or A or whatever, not inherit the sequence of the former list.

iMac 27" Retina 2017, 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, OS X Mojave | Long-time Adobe veteran (I still remember Aldus Pagemaker, HA!), making the big move after going freelance. Running Publisher Beta along with Designer and Photo desktop versions. Loving what you guys are doing.

19 hours ago, Pauls said:

Did you increment the level as well?

No, the sequence is inherited from numericals to alphabeticals when the level is the same or “no change”. I made a sample now.

sample.afpub

• Staff

The list style doesn't affect the sequencing. You can adjust levels have named Global lists or restart numbering manually to control the numbering. Please feel free to post in the discussions/suggestions forum if you think it should work differently

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.