You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live trace effect

jasbury

One of the things i used in illustrator was the live trace tool and i know there has been discussion about when/if it will be added to designer. i was determined to find a way to make it work and i have found something that works for me and i like the look much better. i am a illustrator/pattern designer and use my paintings in my pattern design. 

afphoto is SO GOOD at selection i used it's various options to select the areas and color them by creating a fill layer and dragging that underneath the selection layer. i really love that it still maintains the painterly look. i have been playing with the same thing coloring photos. i am attaching my files. the look may not be everyone's cup of tea but i am thrilled and will continue to play with this more. just wanted to share my 'discovery'

the flower on the left is colored from the painting to the right of it and the hydrangea is a photo i colored by selecting various colors and the alpha range.

thanks for letting me share.

jen

gwash flwrs 2.jpg

hydrangea 'live trace' play.jpg