You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Double Sides

Hey, 

i didn´t find a thread for changing the settings (A4) from one side to a double side. I want to make a collage over two pages. Like in this tutorial: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/publisher/desktop/video/286534652

Forum.png

1 minute ago, L7uki said:

that´s because i need each side with a padding of 3 mm

Are you looking for bleed perhaps?

9 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

Why do you want a mix of facing/non-facing pages?

This could have applications when designing fold-out pages though I would expect this would normally consist of a mixture of 2-page and 3-page spreads rather than 1-page and 2-page spreads.  Not currently possible in Publisher either way.

12 minutes ago, fde101 said:

Are you looking for bleed perhaps?

This could have applications when designing fold-out pages though I would expect this would normally consist of a mixture of 2-page and 3-page spreads rather than 1-page and 2-page spreads.  Not currently possible in Publisher either way.

I know this, @fde101! :)

But I was sure, that this wasn‘t, what @L7uki wants to achieve. :)

1 hour ago, L7uki said:

yes right, and there is no bleed in the middle of those two pages. but i need the bleed between the sides. Just for the collage i won´t need them.

How is this being printed - are you sending this to a professional printer or trying to print it yourself?

I'm asking because I would expect most of the printers would want the bleed all the way around each page even if doing a collage like this, so you would want to make sure they know what you are trying to do and verify what they expect to receive to achieve that.

If you are printing it yourself, you don't usually need bleed, so I am guessing it is being printed at a professional shop and they would probably just trim off any bleed that isn't required during imposition.

A more direct response though is that I don't think there is currently any way to accomplish this in Publisher short of producing it in two separate documents.

21 hours ago, fde101 said:

How is this being printed - are you sending this to a professional printer or trying to print it yourself?

I'm asking because I would expect most of the printers would want the bleed all the way around each page even if doing a collage like this, so you would want to make sure they know what you are trying to do and verify what they expect to receive to achieve that.

If you are printing it yourself, you don't usually need bleed, so I am guessing it is being printed at a professional shop and they would probably just trim off any bleed that isn't required during imposition.

A more direct response though is that I don't think there is currently any way to accomplish this in Publisher short of producing it in two separate documents.

alright, thanks for your advise. 

Well, I am sending it to a professional printer, so I´ll just ask them.

Thanks