You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is my first post I'm new to this forum. Ive tried and looked for hours to find out how to save all my adjustment layers to Preset(s). From my understanding you have to save each layer and label it. For example, adjusting and then saving the Vibrance as a preset and naming it. After saving each layer preset on my finished picture and labeling them, I opened up another photo, which I want to have the exact same adjustments. I clicked on all the custom layer adjustment presets I just made but the picture doesn't turn out the same in the end? Even though when I click on each preset (in the new photo that I want to look like the previous) it says its tweaked the same as the one I saved, but the photo still looks drastically different? Do all  NOT adjustments transfer over? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to do this? (and im not talking about the background people photoshopped out, im aware of that) THANK YOU for reading this, this is so frustrating and it makes me want to switch back to Lightroom. (the picture without people is the look i want, the picture with people is what happens when i click on all the saved presets for the finished picture)

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 2.14.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 2.14.48 AM.png

You can't have like a master Preset that has sub presets but I think that would be a good idea, the only fast and furious way I can think of would be to have a document with all the presets in their respective layers at the settings you want and then drag or place an image into that Preset template.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

No problem Levi, oh and welcome to Affinity forum :)

Ps. you can also copy/paste the adjustment layers into other documents.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi Levi collie,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The presets are ok to save single adjustments you may want to keep for later re-use, but if you want to apply several of them at once there's other ways to deal with this. One is to create all adjustments you need, grouped them all in the Layers panel and copy paste the group to another document - all adjustments and settings will remain intact and in the same order and will affect the other images the same way. Another option is to save the all the adjustments as a LUT file (menu File ▸ Export LUT). While you will not have access to the adjustments individually later when you apply the LUT to another image, the global effect they produce as a whole will be replicated in the other images. To apply the LUT file, just use a LUT adjustment, click Load LUT... in the adjustment dialog and select the LUT file you saved from the original document. 

To learn more about creating and using LUT's see Exporting custom adjustments as LUTs and LUT Adjustment.

I exported all the adjustments as  LUT file "LUT 1.cube" and applied it to the original picture but as you can see it does NOT come out the same? Again am I doing something wrong? When you create a LUT does it save and transfer ALL the adjustments? (the pictures may be out of order) 

As of now, I am able to group all the desired adjustment layers and "Save as a document" Then when I want to apply the same adjustments I can open that "saved document" with the grouped layers, copy & paste to the new picture. This works, but it would be nice if the LUTs did for workflow purposes.

Again thank you for taking the time to read and respond!

1551535615_ScreenShot2019-02-26at2_43_24PM.thumb.png.cef23d20f2efd25b662e4c65fb59dcdd.png1744554143_ScreenShot2019-02-26at2_48_03PM.thumb.png.3597b770982028882b169253b6bb35ab.png1917885945_ScreenShot2019-02-26at2_48_15PM.thumb.png.9e193451758db227534623ce525bad9b.png

I don't think LUTS will cut it here, I would stick with the master document and or the copy/paste adjustment layers.

• 5 months later...

The following works for me:

1. Open an image that has an adjustment layer set that you like.

2. Group the adjustment layers that you want to copy.

3. Open a second image.

4. Copy the group from image 1 and paste it into the pixel layer of image 2.

This copies the adjustment layers and applies them in the same order that they appear in the group.

I set up some template images with groups that I use frequently, named them appropriately, and just open whichever one(s) I expect to need at the start of an editing session.

On the other hand, if you want to start a new document with a particular set of adjustment layers, without worrying about exact settings for each layer, you can make a macro.

1. Create a new document. (I did it with a blank pixel layer ... that's probably not required.)

2. In view>studio make sure that "library" is turned on. The library will appear at the top, left of the page. It will show a list of default macros.

3. In view>studio turn "macro" on. The macro building options will appear in the library. By clicking on the library tab, you can create a new category under which to store your new macros.

4. Press the red record button and add the adjustment layers that you want installed for a new document. If you change the settings on a layer after you create it, these will apply to the new document. Otherwise, the default adjustment values will apply.

5. When you're done, click the square stop button.

Now, when you create a new document, you can click on this macro and these adjustment layers will be installed, in the order that they appear in the macro, and with the values you used when recording the macro. You can't use this to apply the adjustment layers of one document to another on the fly, but it's a great time saver if you typically use a starting set of adjustments with most photos.

• 1 year later...
On 2/26/2019 at 6:41 AM, firstdefence said:

You can't have like a master Preset that has sub presets but I think that would be a good idea, the only fast and furious way I can think of would be to have a document with all the presets in their respective layers at the settings you want and then drag or place an image into that Preset template.

And how do we set up a 'Preset Template Document'??

Thanks,

RickyO

RickyO
APhADe and APu user
New User as of Mar, 2018
(Still stumbling along given too many directions at any given moment)
Windows10 platform

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 6:49 AM, firstdefence said:

No problem Levi, oh and welcome to Affinity forum :)

Ps. you can also copy/paste the adjustment layers into other documents.

Holy smokes, copy and paste, I would not have thought of that. Thank you.

I want to apply the same recolor layer adjustment to several images. I created a preset.... but could not find how to use the preset on other images.

The pasting of the copied adjustment layer is fast and easy.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a thought  but could you ....

• Adjust the image to the point where it suits what you want.
  • Make a note of each adjustment
  • Reset the adjustments.
  • Record a Macro, making the adjustments you previously noted. 
  • Use that Macro in future to recreate those adjustments.

I just tried it, it seemed to work and also gives the ability to keep those adjustment live.

I am surprised there is no ability to Export the adjustments as a preset. Or even Export grouped Adjustments. Any idea why?