You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reordering Pages .249

Just using Publisher to lay out a club newsletter, and found an interesting fact.

You can re-order pages by dragging them to where they want to go in the pages view on the left of the screen. This works fine for pages with text / pictures on.

However one of the pages I want to move just has tables and text on it, and you can't drag it around the document.

Using build 249 on OSX High Sierra.

The document is attached to the other problem I just posted about printing

Not seeing that here. 

44 minutes ago, Gilescooperuk said:

However one of the pages I want to move just has tables and text on it, and you can't drag it around the document.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

OK, one recording attached - all I can say is the results are inconsistent.

I started off moving page 3 to page 7 - no problem.

The new page 3 has now just tables on it, so I went to move 7 back to 3 - nope it puts it on page 4?

Then tried to drag 3 over 4 - didn't do anything

move 6 to 7 - fine

move 5 to 6 - nothing

move 4 to 6 - and 4 ends up on 5!!!

I have no idea what is going on here - apart from nothing seems to work as it should....

25 minutes ago, Gilescooperuk said:

move 5 to 6 - nothing

What is happening is you are sometimes moving the page so as to insert it before the page you think you have selected. There is a single blue line on the right edge of the page you want to drop it on. Go to about 36 seconds and watch.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I can't see that line - probably to do with being colour blind it fades into the background.

Switching to the dark UI I can see it. (although I prefer the light background on the workspace).

So looking at a dark background I can see the line appear either on the left, right or in the middle.

Might be a problem for other colour blind users...

Thanks

On the Mac the color that is used there (that "blue" color) is actually the "Highlight Color" set in System Preferences -> General.

You might try changing yours to see if a different color is easier for you, just remember it is used in various other places around the system for highlighting text and the like and will have an effect on virtually all of your applications.

All the other applications are fine, as they run with a white background. The problem is the pale grey background on the pages view and the blue highlight. 

This means that the contrast is too low for my eyes to register. When using the dark ui the contrast level is high enough.

What I am pointing out is that you are not stuck with the blue - you can change it to a different color that might work better for you.

The only mention of "all of your applications" is that this is a per-user-account setting not per-application setting so it will change the color for other things too.

I don't have this issue and prefer the dark interface anyway for professional apps but I still have mine set to purple instead of blue just because I can...  you might want to try red or something to determine if that might be easier for you to see?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.