You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch Job: Cannot Drag and Drop !

Hello Team
I don't know if this is a bug or something else as i didn't worked with the batch function before but i've found that it is not possible to drag & drop photos from the Finder to the Batch Job window.
it is only possible to put files there by clicking add and selecting desired files.
if it is a bug Please Fix (it will make life even easier)
if it is a missing feature then sorry for posting here (i just hope you will make it happen)

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

I have the same complaint about the "merge" dialogs such as New Focus Merge.  They start with a big happy box in which you could easily drop files. But if I have to click Add, I have to navigate back to a folder I already see in the other window, and have to find and select the exact same images I was thinking about before.

Support Drag and Drop.

D6JOxDI.jpg

[Sorry, I just realized this is a Beta-specific forum, which I found with a search. This can be moved wherever appropriate.]

• Staff

Hi Uncle Mez, Ed Halley,
This is not a bug but an improvement request. The app wasn't designed/coded to accept files from Finder on batch job, focus merge and similar dialogs. Thread moved to Feature Requests section.

@Ed Halley
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I agree with the Drag & Drop to Focus Merge.  I use this feature a lot and have to go through sub-folders to "Add" the images I'm already looking at.  What is especially frustrating is that AP doesn't remember the last folder I pulled from, so the folder hunt starts all over again when I Focus Merge the next collection from the camera.

I really love Affinity Photo and hope to see Drag & Drop to the Focus Merge window.  I can Drag & Drop photos to the main window, but that creates new tabs for each image.

• 3 months later...

+1 ! I use batch a lot and it's a pain to manually navigate folders, especially when the images are in different locations.

Affinity Photo 2.3.1 for Windows  OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 ver. 22H2  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core  RAM: 64 GB DDR5-6400  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB / driver 526.98  NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB  Monitors: 2x Eizo ColorEdge CS2420 24"

• 4 months later...