Testdrive7

PDF export - file corrupted on reimport

I’m using Affinity Designer for iPad version 1.6.4.45, iPad Pro 2018 12.9, iOS 12.1.4.

I use a mirrored symbol to create auto-symmetry when creating artwork. I want to copy the artwork from one file to another inside AD, but there is a documented bug - and it is not possible to copy symbols between files inside AD on iPad - app crashes every time.

I was trying to get around this bug by exporting the file, containing the symbol, as PDF and reimporting it back to AD to convert all symbols, and be able to copy artwork between the files inside AD.

But it seems there is another bug - if I do a PDF export of a file containing a symbol that has a nested curves (or nested layers), after I reimport the resulting PDF into AD, it looks OK, but if I go out of the file and open this file again the nested curve gets corrupted. See the attached images illustrating the problem. I can recreate this bug and this happens every time.

Very frustrating. Is there a workaround in AD on iPad for copying symbols between files, and is there a workaround for PDF export bug? I need to be able to supply a source vector file of my artwork and thought that I will be able to do so with the PDF export.

Thanks.

78E5D148-B8AB-4C20-8182-00B947EA8BA4.png

1D98008B-CD7E-4EF3-A81E-ED3E86888805.png

E1CEE79F-C434-44C7-A477-84563EAF85EF.jpeg

32BC8376-32E1-4278-852A-6BF9566D314B.jpeg

7F13C9E4-EACE-452B-99B4-5417AAA32531.jpeg

Hi Gabe,

Thank you for your reply. Would it be possible to be included on a beta test list for AD for iPad? I do have the TestFlight app and would love to help to test beta builds and to use AD fixes ASAP. Thanks.