Sign in to follow this  
Evgeniy Bruskov

Nik Collection error

Hi Evgeniy Bruskov,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
After cropping, with the layer still selected, right-click on it in the Layers panel and select Rasterise to get rid of the hidden cropped parts. Then apply the Nik Collection filter as usual. The Crop Tool in Affinity Photo is non-destructive and keep the cropped data hidden until you expressly get rid of it (rasterising the layer) or its rasterised automatically by other operations you may perform.

12 hours ago, MEB said:

After cropping, with the layer still selected, right-click on it in the Layers panel and select Rasterise to get rid of the hidden cropped parts. Then apply the Nik Collection filter as usual. The Crop Tool in Affinity Photo is non-destructive and keep the cropped data hidden until you expressly get rid of it (rasterising the layer) or its rasterised automatically by other operations you may perform.

Did not help.

Hi Evgeniy Bruskov,
Did you have finished the crop operation clicking the blue Apply button in the context toolbar on the top left of the interface before rasterising the layer and running the plugin? If you don't complete the crop operation clicking the blue Apply button then nothing was cropped and the plugin loads the whole image.

11 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Evgeniy Bruskov,
Did you have finished the crop operation clicking the blue Apply button in the context toolbar on the top left of the interface before rasterising the layer and running the plugin? If you don't complete the crop operation clicking the blue Apply button then nothing was cropped and the plugin loads the whole image.

This should be moved to the Photo Beta thread as the Rasterize layer doesn't work the same as in Prd, the only way to get the crop to stick is to Flatten the Document.

Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
 - Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

17 hours ago, Evgeniy Bruskov said:

Understood. Included version 1.6.5.135, everything works there. In version 1.7.0.243, croop tool works only in the develop persona mode. Thank.

In the Affinity Photo Customer Beta version there was a few changes to the Crop Tool/commands. To rasterise the image and get rid of the cropped data use the menu  Layer ▸ Rasterise & Trim... instead of Layer ▸ Rasterise....

1 hour ago, MEB said:

menu  Layer ▸ Rasterise & Trim... instead of Layer ▸ Rasterise....

I wonder if it would be possible to have that option in the right-click layer menu along with the Rasterize... option?

3 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi AiDon,
Check the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta 1.7.0.111.

I don't see it in 1.7.0.243 ... only Rasterize...

image.thumb.png.96798b09e89c900964f15c03673c6879.png