You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, tyu said:

Will Hebrew be available soon in the Affinity suite?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, tyu.

Probably not, as Affinity has no support for languages that are written right-to-left today, and Serif have said it will be a big effort to implement that support.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Now 2021, still waiting for RTL support, We can find the below in Text Style edit

Character language

Typography script ( in this we find Arabic)

Typography language (In this we find Urdu language)

We also tried rtlfixer, but when we copy text from a website, it break text after every line and Line break sign shows on LTR style. Also it didn't support Urdu language font (see Mehr Nastaliq font, which can be download from https://en.m.fontke.com/font/19978501/download/)

I must say, it should be provided on priority basis, as there is a big market in the World, as at the moment only software, is InPage Urdu (www.inpage.com) is available for Urdu language, InDesign middle eastern version also support, but it price is very high, and like Pakistan and India, user can not afford it.

Even this editor have RTL support, so why not Affinity.

اس ایڈیٹر تک میں یہ سپورٹ موجود ہے۔

So you have to think now.

Thanks

Hi, I also decided to invest in this suite, with current discount and me too, I have to admit it's a real bummer to have such professional software unapologetically lacking RTL support. Even checked with latest 1.9 beta out of curiosity and still no go apparently. This request actually scores a lot of hits while doing a search in this forum first. This ought to ring a bell to the devs... It should be put on top of the todo list really. It's not just a fancy feature... Hope devs will reconsider this.