You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photoshop tutorial not translating in Affinity :photo into a painting

Hi there!  I found this really good tutorial on YouTube where you edit a photograph to look like a painting and it's exactly what I've been looking for.  It is a photoshop tutorial though.  I've tried photoshop tutorials in affinity before and it worked.  This one does not.  Because they are different, after watching the video, can anyone tell me how to do it where it works in Affinity Photo?  I really want to do this!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-dam0-5Hk&t=475s

Hi,

I could most of it, there is no Filter gallery but you can use 'Add noise' instead of film grain and Emboss instead of High pass. The Reduce noise option is in the Develop Persona, you will have to check the Extreme box and max out the Luminance and set contribution close to 100% .

Capture2.PNG

Hi, 

Your Shadow/Highlight adjustment layer is blocking you from seeing any changes, you need to clip it to the first image you created it for, just drag it down and when you see the long blue highlight let go, i actually used the Shadow/Highlight from the Filters drop down menu for speed but the adjustments tab processes are none destructive so you can just delete the adjustment not the image. I also don't think you have given the Dodge layer an Overlay blend mode, so its hiding any effect.