You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

three issues....

Latest beta, and I am experiencing three issues:

1)  I am occasionally having trouble readjusting the size/ shape of a sub brush, but not happening all of the time.  I have attached a quick vid of the problem. 

2) When trying to adjust the size of a gradient, let's say linear, when I attempt to move the midpoint as I often do, there is great hesitation/ sluggishness and it often won't move to where I want it.  I've attached a clip, although at the speed of the clip it doesn't quite show, but I have to make the midpoint adjustment many many times before it stays. 

3) I was attempting to warp a group consisting of two layers.  Naturally, I got the message about rasterizing, which is fine, but when I tried to warp the now rasterized layer, the warp was warping one layer independent of the other as if they were still in a group.  I wasn't able to duplicate this today, unfortunately, as when I tried it seemed to go normally. 

• Staff

Hey Eric5,

On 2/24/2019 at 12:52 PM, Eric5 said:

1)  I am occasionally having trouble readjusting the size/ shape of a sub brush, but not happening all of the time.  I have attached a quick vid of the problem. 

I can't reproduce this. It's interesting that you say you can't always do it as well. We're going to have to poke this a bit more I think. Is there anything else you can suggest I try?

2) When trying to adjust the size of a gradient, let's say linear, when I attempt to move the midpoint as I often do, there is great hesitation/ sluggishness and it often won't move to where I want it.  I've attached a clip, although at the speed of the clip it doesn't quite show, but I have to make the midpoint adjustment many many times before it stays. 

There seems to be a general issue with gradients and adjusting them at the moment, on Windows. I've logged numerous issues which I'm waiting on to be fixed.

3) I was attempting to warp a group consisting of two layers.  Naturally, I got the message about rasterizing, which is fine, but when I tried to warp the now rasterized layer, the warp was warping one layer independent of the other as if they were still in a group.  I wasn't able to duplicate this today, unfortunately, as when I tried it seemed to go normally. 

I had a go at this as well but had no luck reproducing it. Do you think this could be document specific?

Thanks, Chris.  I believe my system still struggles with the program and, the longer I use it and/or the larger the file sizes I'm working with, the more issues seem to appear.  I was only able to reproduce the gradient issue consistently yesterday with the other two issues being only hit and miss.  

Although switching to warp solved much of the constant crashing I once had,  I still get crashes and sometimes the dreaded black screens as well.  Certainly not as much as when not using warp, but still present. 

If I am able to reproduce the two issues again, I'll try and suggest a document to try.  Thanks. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.