You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Insert same size logo on each picture

Hi guys,

I am currently working on a series of different pictures on affinity Photo (Desktop Version). I created my logo on Affinity Designer (vector file).
After finishing croping, after-working my pictures, I try to copy paste the logo on them. Everytime I do so, the logo appears bigger/or/smaller on the different pictures.

How can I freeze the size of my log, so that it looks like the same on each picture after copy-pasting?

Thank you a lot in advance!

Are the images you will be pasting the logo into different resolutions such as 72dpi, 300dpi etc.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Its the Dpi of the document so if one document is 72dpi and the other is 300dpi, if you drag the logo into each one the logo will be smaller in the document at 300dpi

Below is the same logo, dragged from the desktop into the document, all I have done is change the document dpi

Screen-Shot-2019-02-24-at-18-50-46.png
Screen-Shot-2019-02-24-at-18-49-36.png

logo.png.897dee70924bdd6d2e2e86cd41660e34.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

7 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Are the images you will be pasting the logo into different resolutions such as 72dpi, 300dpi etc.

OK @firstdefence, that´s cool  explaning: cheers for that.
--> But isn´t there a way to copy paste some object (on this case the logo) so that it doesn´t adapt its size when pasted in?
I would like the logo to keep it´s original size, independantly of the dpi of the target picture it will be pasted in.

Ok, If you export your logo as an svg with a dpi of 114 the logo should stay the same size whether it is in a 72dpi or a 300dpi document.

My weird thinking was create a logo that has a dpi mid way between 72 and 300 so 300-72/2 = 114 lol! and it worked the logo remains the same size regardless of whether its in a 72dpi or 300dpi document.

Try it: Untitled.svg

Unless I'm misunderstanding and we're just talking about dpi differences... dragging and dropping your logo file onto the canvas will do what you want (as opposed to File > Place).
Also you can also just copy and paste from one doc to the next and the relative size will stay the same.

Edit: But this...."Yes, I guess the resolution may change from picture to picture, since I use to crop some of them sometimes..."
makes me think we're talking about pixel dimensions instead, which is a different story. 

21 hours ago, Sr. Picasso said:

How can I freeze the size of my log, so that it looks like the same on each picture after copy-pasting?

Automagically you can't, since pictures might have different resolutions and thus the logo will have to be size/resolution adjusted too. There is no magic copy/paste AI function which does this behind the scenes, by analyzing the destination image resolution and logo resolution in order to adapt those to always to fit. - Thus you have to take yourself care after this for different resolution images.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Just export various logo's at the most commonly used resolutions like 300, 150, 72dpi with the resolution in the name - logo xxdpi.png and drag the appropriate logo into the image... simples.

Just created a logo and exported as a 114dpi svg, had one image at 72dpi and the other at 300dpi, then I just dragged the 114dpi logo into both images and the logo stays the same size, its dpi voodoo try it.

25 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Just created a logo and exported as a 114dpi svg, had one image at 72dpi and the other at 300dpi, then I just dragged the 114dpi logo into both images and the logo stays the same size, its dpi voodoo try it.

Or perhaps it's just Photo handling File > Place differently from drag/drop, as @JimmyJack mentioned above?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

55 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Now I'm confused o.O. That's what I was saying that drag and drop results in the same size. But in your example the logos are clearly different sizes. 

From your same post "Its the Dpi of the document so if one document is 72dpi and the other is 300dpi, if you drag the logo into each one the logo will be smaller in the document at 300dpi".

Actually if you read the post I was showing that the logo would be bigger in the 72dpi image, this was prior to my mathematical 114 dpi computation, I never actually uploaded an example of the 114dpi logo fitting the 72 and 300dpi images.

18 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Actually if you read the post I was showing that the logo would be bigger in the 72dpi image, this was prior to my mathematical 114 dpi computation, I never actually uploaded an example of the 114dpi logo fitting the 72 and 300dpi images.

Still don't get it. Why would the logo be bigger in the 72dpi image vs 300dpi (using d & d) ?

What does it matter what dpi the logo is? As I understand it, you dragged the same logo (be it 5dpi or 500dpi) onto two images of different dpi and got different sizes. This is what I'm trying to (and can't) reproduce.  

13 minutes ago, JimmyJack said:

Still don't get it. Why would the logo be bigger in the 72dpi image vs 300dpi (using d & d) ?

What does it matter what dpi the logo is? As I understand it, you dragged the same logo (be it 5dpi or 500dpi) onto two images of different dpi and got different sizes. This is what I'm trying to (and can't) reproduce.  

Just done some testing and you are right jimmy, I exported a few logo's in svg at different dpi and they do as you say, so I got it totally wrapped up wrong, at the time it seemed to work whereby when I dragged a logo it was bigger in one than the other, now I can't get it to do it no matter what I try. I'm racking my brain trying to work out what I did, but I definitely didn't place the logo that way too much effort I'm a drag and drop every time.

Right, I had an image that was 72dpi, I made a duplicate and changed the dpi to 300, if I drag a PNG file in the logo's are different sizes, if I use an svg the logo's are the same. I think its video time... 

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Just done some testing and you are right jimmy, I exported a few logo's in svg at different dpi and they do as you say, so I got it totally wrapped up wrong, at the time it seemed to work whereby when I dragged a logo it was bigger in one than the other, now I can't get it to do it no matter what I try. I'm racking my brain trying to work out what I did, but I definitely didn't place the logo that way too much effort I'm a drag and drop every time.

Right, I had an image that was 72dpi, I made a duplicate and changed the dpi to 300, if I drag a PNG file in the logo's are different sizes, if I use an svg the logo's are the same. I think its video time... 

Ah! Okay now we're getting somewhere. But I think you got that last bit backwards. The PNGs drag in at the same size .... photo is looking at the pixel dimensions only it seems (on drag).
SVG on the other hand come in as Embedded Documents at different sizes depending on DPI. And that action is the same whether dragging or placing.

I was using the F logo you posted with the example... and that's a png. You must have really been using an svg.

EDIT: Furthermore, copying and pasting from one file to the next keeps the pixel size regardless of outgoing or incoming document dpi. And that's the case for SVG and PNG...... and JPG.