You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

249 Installation & Bleed

Hi many thanks for the update.

I am pleased to report this is the first version that has not failed during the install process, however I still had to right click and run as administrator (this is also required by other installations as this PC fails to create directory). A new anomaly this time was the icon pinned to the start menu did not pick up the new version, I had to remove it from the start menu and create a new item. Another difference is the splash screen no longer appears  when the program is open, cannot find option to show at start (but have not checked help out as yet)

I have not done many production projects on Publisher as yet so not used bleed in practice and testing. I use the light interface and the paste board quite light as it works better with my astigmatism but the bleed guides are almost invisible, is there a setting to change the colour of the bleed guides or thickness? 

bleed guides.png

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

3 hours ago, AlanPickup said:

is there a setting to change the colour of the bleed guides or thickness? 

I can't find one - but you can darken the background slightly, which makes the bleed guides stand out a bit better.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

The problem is then seeing images on the paste board as I have trouble with dark screens through the astigmatism in my eyes, which as likely makes the bleed guides even more undetectable for me. In Pageplus the canvas is enlarged which makes it easy to see.

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

I do find the guides a bit difficult to see myself, I suppose that we can only hope that all types of guides are made more customisable in the release version!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.