You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange behavior when trying to re-adjust values ​​on an existing child adjustment layer !!

Clicking or double clicking on a layer often selects the whole layer stack!
Right click > "Edit Adjustment" turns everything white

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

9 hours ago, >|< said:

That is the same as alt-clicking the adjustment's thumbnail - it shows the built-in mask as a greyscale image.

Somewhat confusing I find ..
Wouldn't  "Editing Built-in Mask" a more logical naming ?

Then shouldn't that option also be available for a new (non-child) adjustment layer?

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

• Staff
On 2/23/2019 at 7:20 PM, HVDB Photography said:

Clicking or double clicking on a layer often selects the whole layer stack!

I logged this the other day.

I found that when it selects all the layers, a fake dialog was opening letting you adjust the settings but it wasn't adjusting the existing adjustment. I couldn't reproduce this on macOS and it has been a bit of a pain.

Not yet resolved in 1.7.0.251, suppose this is still under investigation.

I've an update on this one..

The issue only seems to occur when a new adjustment layer is added !
When after  copy, paste inside (ctrl+alt+V) the existing adjustment layers everything works as normal.

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42

Yes, I've been finding this.

In 1.6 clicking on a child adjustment layer selects just that layer.

In 1.7.123 single clicking the child layer when the focus is elsewhere selects the pixel layer too. Single-clicking the child again selects just the child. Double-clicking the child selects the parent too, while bringing up the adjustment dialogue which then doesn't work. A workaround is then to single-click the child again (the adjustment then works fine).

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

4 hours ago, dmstraker said:

A workaround is then to single-click the child again (the adjustment then works fine

I know, just wanted to add that bit of info, because it has been a bit of a pain (as @Chris B mentioned) to find a solution that solves the problem

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42

3 hours ago, TEcHNOpls said:

In topic: pixel layer with mask it's not possible to see how the mask looks like since alt+click always selects both mask and layer.

Alt-click the mask. Both layers selected. Then Alt-click the mask again. Now you've got what you wanted.

Dave Straker

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

On 3/2/2019 at 3:03 PM, dmstraker said:

In 1.7.123 single clicking the child layer when the focus is elsewhere selects the pixel layer too. Single-clicking the child again selects just the child. Double-clicking the child selects the parent too, while bringing up the adjustment dialogue which then doesn't work. A workaround is then to single-click the child again (the adjustment then works fine).

Still happening in 1.7.0.251.

Dave Straker

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.