Old Bruce

Blank doubles of Studio panels in .249

I have an odd thing happening with Studio panels getting a ghost or blank copy which I then cannot get rid of.

1834785301_txtfrm1.thumb.jpeg.feb12e47853637452f65b8be0fe1c33b.jpeg

853798111_textframe.thumb.jpeg.be2a9ab799e96d0889a8320d3a45af99.jpeg

I can separate them but I cannot get rid of the blank one without losing the actual one. This happens with the hyperlink Studio as well. I have reset the studio and reset the user state using Control key at start up. Seems to be only with new documents. 

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.502

This has made Publisher almost unusable.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.502

I've had this happen with the Hyperlinks panel (primarily when updating a build), but wasn't sure if that was because it was a new panel and that I was going back and forwards between going through old builds.

Could you go to \Library\Application Support\Affinity Publisher Beta\ and zip up a copy of that folder and attach it please? I'm surprised Reset Studio/Ctrl run up hasn't fixed it as mine never come back after that!

EDIT: I've just reproduced it by closing the application down with Text Frame panel open. On restarting the app and creating a document I've got 3 panels! I'll get this logged

I have just had the same problem. I then closed the one of the text frame panels and ended up with a blank panel that would not close. I had to restart the program to remove it

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Could you go to \Library\Application Support\Affinity Publisher Beta\ and zip up a copy of that folder and attach it please? I'm surprised Reset Studio/Ctrl run up hasn't fixed it as mine never come back after that!

EDIT: I've just reproduced it by closing the application down with Text Frame panel open. On restarting the app and creating a document I've got 3 panels! I'll get this logged

Don't know if you still need this but here it is:

Affinity Publisher Beta.zip