You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Renaming Hyperlinks Bug .249

Hi there,

for the previous iteration of Publisher, I reported a bug in a somewhat obscure place, buried in a long thread on hyperlinks, so I am not sure whether this bug has already made it on your list. Please have a look here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/65514-hyperlinks-for-affinity-publisher/&page=3&tab=comments#comment-414231

Basically, the application becomes completely unresponsive after renaming a hyperlink by double-clicking the entry in the hyperlinks panel. The issue persists in version .249.

Thank you for looking into this,

Alex :)

An additional observation. When I try to click somewhere on the UI (buttons, inputs, …) after having renamed a hyperlink, I will get a beep, and all my menus are greyed out. I assume the application believes that the hyperlink pop-up window is still open, although it is actually closed.

Aha! I was wondering if what I experienced on first trying 249 was a one-off or a problem. I had the same issue when first opening 249. Clicked on a link in the Studio panel but it went into editing the name with a single click. Double clicked and it opened the edit hyperlink, but when closed, the edit name was still active and I could not get out of it. Had to Force Quit the app. Has not happened in a couple other successive attempts after restarting the app, but still get funny responses with the Studio Panel. Almost impossible to double-click to open the link edit without it also activating the edit name. The only thing I've found is to double click to the VERY far right of the name in the panel. In the previous iteration, a double click opened the hyperlink edit dialog but not the name edit. Now it opens both which is causing problems. 

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

• Staff

Thanks A_B_C, this is why we much prefer users to create NEW issues when they discover bugs, rather than post them inside existing threads - it is much easier for us to manage and reference and it avoids a lot of cross talk and also ensures we they are much more visible!

I've reproduced this and will get it passed on to development. Incidentally in your video that dialog is completely black with no text labels visible - is that how it appears to you in the app?

Usually, I tend to make new threads, as I understand this problem. Sorry for that. :)

But yes, the dialog is completely black, without any labels. Somehow I must have been under the impression that this was the correct state … :o:D

Black.png.4e95035d0e4847f144dde6716e1c08f2.png

• Staff
12 hours ago, A_B_C said:

An additional piece of information: just closing the dialog, that is, clicking the red close button in my screenshot, but neither Cancel nor OK, results in the same irresponsiveness of the UI.

Yeah I think that's the root cause of the issue, rather than the renaming. Also that dialog is not right - is that the only one that appears black for you? What version of macOS are you using and have you tried doing a Ctrl+Run up?

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Also that dialog is not right - is that the only one that appears black for you?

I don't have it in front of me right now but I think mine looks like that too...  under 10.12.  I will try to verify when I next have a chance.

• Staff
1 hour ago, fde101 said:

I don't have it in front of me right now but I think mine looks like that too...  under 10.12.  I will try to verify when I next have a chance.

Thanks for that - it seems to be happening on any version of macOS... Ooops! I'll get it passed on to development.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.