ASG

Straighten, crop, increase canvas

I just joined Affinity and am on my first photo project.  I want to straighten a photo and then add a border around it (increase canvas size).  I straighten just fine with the tool and love it but when I try to increase the canvas it does it at the angle of the original photo.  If I increase the canvas first and then straighten, it only straightens the photo but not the entire document so it's at an angle again.  How do I do this?  Thanks

Hi ASG,

Welcome to the forums.

Are you using the Crop Tool in the Develop persona or the Photo persona as the Develop Crop Tool is destructive. If you take a screenshot after apply the Crop so I can see. Also when resizing the Canvas check to make sure the center anchor is selected.

This was done in the photo persona. Should I have done it in the development persona?   I tried uploading screen shots twice and both times it failed.

OK, I tried it in the develop persona and it does exactly the same thing.  Once I try to increase the canvas it skews the original photo back to the original angle.