You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Your "New View" option is quite handy. With various views on screen, I see no shortcut for moving through the screens. Am I correct? This would make views even better when having them full screen. Otherwise I must keep some part of every view visible  on screen so I can click to the desired view, although it is difficult to know which is which unless I leave the top name visible, another limitation.

23 minutes ago, Jim Monson said:

With various views on screen, I see no shortcut for moving through the screens. Am I correct?

Yes, but as mentioned here, you can create a keyboard shortcut for the "Switch to Next View" action (that I do not think is on any menu), which will cycle through the tabs or full screen windows displaying your documents one at a time. 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I've tried the default shortcut for "Switch to Next View" as well as other keyboard shortcut combos, but none of them change my view (I have only two views to try this). As long as I'm on the view question it would be helpful to be able to save the views with the doc so that one did not have to recreate them after closing. I still find it easier to use my other own shortcuts (the "x" key + mouse rotary for zooming, the Preference choice for scrolling with the Shift + mouse rotary for panning (left and right), plus the Spacebar for moving around the view. This keeps it handy with my left hand on the keyboard and my right hand on the mouse. I wish there were a fast and slow for each one of these as in Google Earth. Easy to request, but programming is another matter. I'm happy for all that AD already has and  AD's updates and betas.

2 hours ago, Jim Monson said:

I've tried the default shortcut for "Switch to Next View" as well as other keyboard shortcut combos, but none of them change my view (I have only two views to try this).

Are you sure you are using the correct default shortcut? On Macs, it is the CMD key + the Grave Accent character, unicode U+0060 or UTF-8 60, that looks like a backwards leaning single quote character. On standard US Apple keyboards it is paired with the tilde & located just below the ESC key.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

There may be a bit of confusion between Views and Windows. A View is created by View > New View and provides a different view of a document (window). On Windows, ` will alternate between/among the various views you may have established of a single document.

On the other hand, Ctrl+Tab (again, on windows) will cycle forward through the open Photo or Designer (or Publisher) windows/tabs, and Ctrl+Shift+Tab will cycle backward through them.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

A View is created by View > New View and provides a different view of a document (window). On Windows, ` will alternate between/among the various views you may have established of a single document.

On Macs (or at least on mine) the "Switch to Next View" keyboard shortcut works both for multiple views of a single document & for different open documents -- IOW, each is treated as a separate view without regard for if it is a view of the same or a different document. 

It works in the tabbed single window view mode, in the Mac "Full Screen" mode (that hides the Mac menu bar at the top & the Dock at the bottom of the screen), & in the 'nearly full screen mode' (whatever that is called in Mac-speak) that expands the window to the full screen size except that it leaves the menu bar & Dock visible. That last mode is entered by option clicking on the green 'expand' window control button. There is no menu command for it in any app that I know of.

It also works in the Mac-only Window "Separated Mode" but only if the views are in one tabbed window.

It only cycles between views in one direction but it 'wraps around' to the first view when the last one is visible.

28 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

On the other hand, Ctrl+Tab (again, on windows) will cycle forward through the open Photo or Designer (or Publisher) windows/tabs, and Ctrl+Shift+Tab will cycle backward through them.

Thanks for mentioning that! I had never tried that before but it also works on Macs, in the same way as the  "Switch to Next View" keyboard shortcut, except it is bi-directional with the shift key.

Affinity Photo