You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to stop display of "Linked resource changed" message display?

I use a file with the "prefer embedded" option selected, where I copy/pasted a number of png-s from a web page.  Every time I open or use the file I get an endless stream of "linked resource changed" messages. Even if I manage to close a few, new messages continuously open (see attached picture) and slow the machine drastically. Is there a way to disable the messages?

linked resource changed.jpg

• Staff

Hi Kosta,

If the images are embedded as the default suggests then that message shouldn't be appearing.

In the resource manager (Document > Resource Manager) are the resources showing as linked or embedded?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• Staff

There should be a button to switch between embed/linked. It should also however be the case that images inserted from the clipboard are embedded by default.

It sounds like when pasting in some of these images it created a link which is now broken and prompting these messages to appear, did you do anything special when copy/pasting them from a browser?

If it's not too large it might be useful to attach the document (I can provide you a dropbox link if you want to keep it private/it's too large for the forums) so I can look into it a bit more.

I've just downloaded/installed the new version (1.7.0.249), for the time being, I can't replicate the problem (which manifested with 1.7.0.238, where the switch button was disabled).

If the problem reoccurs, I'll let you know and send you the file for inspection. I hope the new version now took care of it.

Thanks,

K

Addendum: in the file in question the linked resources now have the status "missing" (but still visible in the file and functioning as "embedded"). I wanted to switch them to "embedded", but (as you can see in the attached screenshot) the "Embed" button is disabled.

K1930035530_AffinityPublisherBetaScreenshot-embed.jpg.92aefa2c6f521e1c6330afaf659d568b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi Kosta,

This will have been as the linked image was in your temp folder and is no longer available so it is unable to embed the image into your file, apologies for the delay in my reply!

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.