Axel TT

AP for iPad: History not working

The file does not seem to have any history. I tried a few operations and the undo/redo work fine. When that happens, can you can you undo using the 2-finger-tap or by moving the history slider? 

How do I know if the file is saved with history? I just save the file to iCloud, then attach it here. Anyway, when that happened, I couldn't use 2-finger tap or history slider either. As mentioned earlier, it happened to all other files that I'm working on, too. The problem was  solved only if I close and re-open the file.

4 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Axel TT,
With the document opened, tap the document icon on top left of the interface and select Save a Copy. Enable Save History button in the next dialog and save the file.

Hi MEB,

Just re-attached the new file as instructed. Thanks.

Test_NEW.afphoto

It works fine on my end. Have you tried to close the app and try again?

When that happens, can you can you undo using the 2-finger-tap or by moving the history slider? 

5 hours ago, GabrielM said:

It works fine on my end. Have you tried to close the app and try again?

When that happens, can you can you undo using the 2-finger-tap or by moving the history slider? 

It works again after closing the app. But the problem comes back after working awhile again. When that happeens, I couldn’t use the 2-finger-tap or by moving the history slider either. 

5 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Is it document specific? Or a general issue? 

It’s quite a general issue, I guess, because this happened to all other of my documents. So, when it happens, I just close and re-open the app. That’s the only fix for now.  

I would be interested to see what's causing it. But we could not replicate it... Let us know if you manage to find a pattern or if it gets worse. You can try to uninstall/reinstall and see if that fixes it. You will need to save anything that's opened on the main page and any project files located in the native Affinity Photo folder, as well as exporting any custom brushes.