You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

problems with accentuation of words

Good morning all.

I'm having a problem with accentuation of words when I type the direct text in the publisher. In another app, this thing didn't happen .

The accentuation work but before the letter always appears an apostrophe like this: hor’ária.

How I can fix this problem?

Thank you

On Mac : Type letter & hold the key; a little pop-up window with all available accents will pop up.

Click the one you need.

On Windows : Use the Alt-key, hold and type in a specific number on the numeric keypad.

List of number combinations is available on line.

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi DebyMaMo,

Would you be able to attach a screen recording (showing the whole screen) of the issue you are having please?

Thanks!

Hey Guys!

Thank you for answering my question.

I forgot to say I use a Mac with Mojave and version 10.14.3. After the upgrade the new version of the system these things started to happen.

I attached a screen record, and I hope that helps you to understand what happens.

Thank you again.

Best regards

Deby

• Staff

Thank you very much for the video DebyMaMo. This has been reported and we've now added a new option in Preferences > Auto Correct and untick 'Support language dependent single typograph quotes'. This will stop changing the character for you.

4 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Thank you very much for the video DebyMaMo. This has been reported and we've now added a new option in Preferences > Auto Correct and untick 'Support language dependent single typograph quotes'. This will stop changing the character for you. 

Thank you so much.

Have a great week!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.