You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dragging an object with pen should be easier

I use a Wacom Intuos 3 for drawing. I notice quite a difference when I try to drag an object with the mouse or with the pen. With the mouse the cursor stays 'normal' on a much greater part of the object before it turns into the black double arrow for transforming the object. When I use the pen at the same zoom this area is much smaller or non existent - I cannot drag the object, only transform. So I have to zoom in much closer to be able to drag the object.

See attached images . There's a 57 x 57 pixel Diamond shape at 50% zoom. Mouse can drag, pen is not able to drag as the cursor does not appear.

I'm not sure if this a Wacom issue or an AP problem or if this is a bug or not, therefore a suggestion.

mouse.jpg

pen.jpg

I also use a Intuos 3, and see what you mean. The only way to be able to drag an object was to zoom in to at least 132%.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD