You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Replaced Photo Stretches

Several times I have replaced a linked photo in a frame with the same photo (by name) from LR that has been retouched. As soon as I export the photo from LR, the link updates the photo in APUB. Occasionally, but not always, the replaced photo stretches side-to-side so that people look "fat," for example (the aspect ratio widens). The only way I have found to fix this is to remove the frame and redo the frame and photo. It is my practice to set up a photo without cropping it, so I adjust the frame/photo so that the entire photo is visible edge-to-edge. I have not found out what situation might be causing this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

An easier workaround, IMHO, is to use the Replace Image button (with the same photo) - then it will stretch back out properly again. This problem actually happens fairly frequently - maybe 4 in 10 photo retouches outside APUB will get squished (either side-to-side or top-to-bottom).

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.