You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

outil grille déformante (deformation grid tool)

• 2 years later...

Let me return to this topic posted in February 2019 and unanswered for over two years.

I understand of course that it is difficult on this English-speaking forum to answer a question asked in French, but you must know that the French people only speak French.. I am Belgian and my language is also French but I will try to ask the question in your language.

The Mesh Warp tool would be very useful in each of the applications without necessarily having to switch from one application to another.
Could you tell us if this addition is on the agenda for a future version?

Thanks in advance.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Publisher - Windows 10

Il  est tout à fait possible d'avoir des réponses en français, encore faut-il que nous voyions les questions... :S

Pour l'instant il y a les outils "Grille déformante",  "Perspective" et  "Perspective dynamique" dans AP, mais aucun outil similaire pour les objets vectoriels. On peut les utiliser en ouvrant un fichier dans AP (les 3 appli sont capables de lire et d'ouvrir les fichiers), ou à travers APub avec la Persona Photo.

Comme aucune feuille de route n'indique les futurs développements, on peut juste supposer que cet outil pour les objets vectoriels sera ajouté, sans savoir à quel moment...

Et il sera probablement spécifique à AD, puisque c'est l'application dédiée au vectoriel.

You are probably right, but in this case, member Doudou was still without an answer to his question.
If possible, I think it's better to try to express yourself in English when you're on an English-speaking forum, which is why I re-launched this old post.
The Mesh Warp tool can also be useful in Publisher to brighten up the titles and images of a book or photo album.
Until this tool is implemented in all three applications, we will continue to switch to the Photo persona.
The situation is not dramatic... This request should be considered as a wish, nothing more.

5 hours ago, Framon said:

member Doudou was still without an answer to his question

Or he find his answer in one of the French forums.

The problem with technical subjects and vocabulary, is that a Google translate will probably do a mess of your question(s) and nobody will want to ask the fifty questions needed to try  to help... or few people. Sometimes, it's fun and frustating to try to translate a technical term we use all days at work (look at the bad French translation of the apps, it's difficult for both parts).
Also, not everyone can write in another language, when barely (?) reading it.

The forum's moderators don't mind people asking in their own language (and encourage it) and try responding in the same language, but obviously, this one was missed.
Most of the time, people will answer, or translate and answer.

Thanks for your answer, Wosven. I will point out on the French forum where I am an administrator myself that it is not mandatory to write in English on the official forum.
When Publisher was released, I had mentioned this shortcoming about this grid : HERE

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

The forum's moderators don't mind people asking in their own language (and encourage it) and try responding in the same language, but obviously, this one was missed.

It was asked in Feature requests, and (at least in translation) it can be viewed as asking for a function that does not exist, and therefore as a request to have the function added.

And, usually, Serif does not comment in the Feature Requests forums. Users make requests, and Serif reads them and uses them for planning, but they do not respond.

If it had been asked as a question, in the Questions forum, it would have gotten a response. Probably that the tool does not exist, and the OP should feel free to ask for it in the Feature Requests section

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

23 hours ago, Framon said:

I understand of course that it is difficult on this English-speaking forum to answer a question asked in French, but you must know that the French people only speak French..

We do not mind questions asked in other languages. When this happens:

• Some of us will ignore them.
  • Some of us will understand the language well enough to answer (I am probably not one of those users).
  • Others will use a translation app (Google, DeepL, etc), and then answer (or ask further questions).

Of those who answer:

• Some will speak the language well enough to answer in that language.
  • Some will not speak the language, so they will use a translation app to answer in the original language.
  • Others will not speak the language, so they will answer in their native language. At that point, the person who asked the question many understand the answer, or they are also free to use a translation app to understand the answer.

(I know I am too easily amused, but I sometimes enjoy the conversations here where someone asks a question in, perhaps, French, and someone else answers in Polish.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hello tout le monde

Très heureux que vous repreniez mon post. En anglais ou en français, peu importe, c'est juste pour parler de AP qui est une super application. 

Mais c'est quand même dommage de voir que Serif, en passant de Page Plus à Affinity Publisher, a oublié un certain nombre de fonctionnalités qui paraissaient relativement simples comme cet outil "grille déformante" qui permettait de travailler sur des objets vectoriels sans être obligé de repasser par du bitmap et forcément perdre en définition.

Bonjour à tous de France

@ walt.farrell :

Wait and see...

14 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

(I know I am too easily amused, but I sometimes enjoy the conversations here where someone asks a question in, perhaps, French, and someone else answers in Polish.)

Your humor made me smile.

@ doudou :

Je partage ton avis. Tout en saluant la qualité de Publisher, il est est regrettable que certaines fonctionnalités de PagePlus aient disparu. 

When moving from PagePlus to Publisher, Serif decided to drop some features, which is unfortunate. Hopefully version 2 will bring these lost features.

@G13RL :

Merci pour cette publicité gratuite...

38 minutes ago, Framon said:

When moving from PagePlus to Publisher, Serif decided to drop some features, which is unfortunate. Hopefully version 2 will bring these lost features.

The Affinity apps don’t share any code with the ‘Plus’ software, so Serif haven’t dropped any features: they simply haven’t introduced them yet.

On 9/21/2016 at 12:38 PM, Dave Harris said:

As with our other products, we tend to release when it has enough to be useful to someone, and that someone may not be you. It's going to take years before it is anything like as full-featured as PagePlus or InDesign.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you for this clarification.

I know that the Affinity applications do not share any code with the "Plus" series. However, as the possibility exists in "Photo", it could have been implemented in "Publisher". Perhaps one day...

11 hours ago, G13RL said:

Bonsoir @doudou,

Juste pour votre information et au cas où vous ne le connaîtriez pas encore, voici l'adresse du forum français si cela vous intéresse:

https://www.affinity-forum.fr/

cordialement

Oui, merci  je connais le forum français, mais les traductions de M. Google ne sont pas si mauvaises et le forum anglais est plus fourni en renseignements.

On 6/26/2021 at 5:30 PM, Framon said:

the French people only speak French

c'est amusant :) Mais c'est une blague... belge !

it's funny :) But it's a Belgian joke!

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000
Affinity Photo | Affinity Designer | Affinity Publisher | 2

20 hours ago, Wosven said:

look at the bad French translation of the apps, it's difficult for both parts

Tout à fait d'accord avec vous. Différents posts en témoignent
I fully agree with you. Various posts testify to this.

Toujours pas !
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz - 16 Gb Ram - GeForce GT 650M - Intel HD 4000

9 hours ago, uneMule said:

it's funny :) But it's a Belgian joke!

The PBS station I have access to is broadcasting Professor T., which I think is brilliant. And I continually find myself thinking, "...hang on a minute, qui n'est pas français" as I watch the show, listen to the dialog and read the subtitles.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

20 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Professor T.

« Professor T. » est une série policière flamande. :)

"Professor T.' is a Flemish crime series. :)

Toujours pas !