Max N

Focus does not go to the active tab. 1.7.0.243

When working with a large number of documents, the focus does not shift to active document management. There is no possibility to close the document by clicking on the cross.

I have noticed that too

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 & beta 1.8.0.486   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 beta  1.8.0.486 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.422 beta  1.7.2.458

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png

Hey Max N,

This is a great find. I've just checked to see what happens on macOS and it pulls the document you click from the list to the left of the open document tabs.  I think this is how it should work on Windows.

Interestingly, the macOS version only shows the documents in the list view that are not visible across the top open tabs. Windows show all of them regardless. Should Windows only show the non-visible documents in the list? I'll have to check!

There's also a difference in how they are organised in the list view. Windows arranges them numerically and then alphabetically whereas macOS will arrange them in the order they opened. I'd prefer them to be ordered by the order they were opened—what do you think?

There is definitely a few improvements to swing by the developers regarding this. Thanks :) 

3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey Max N,

This is a great find. I've just checked to see what happens on macOS and it pulls the document you click from the list to the left of the open document tabs.  I think this is how it should work on Windows.

Interestingly, the macOS version only shows the documents in the list view that are not visible across the top open tabs. Windows show all of them regardless. Should Windows only show the non-visible documents in the list? I'll have to check!

There's also a difference in how they are organised in the list view. Windows arranges them numerically and then alphabetically whereas macOS will arrange them in the order they opened. I'd prefer them to be ordered by the order they were opened—what do you think?

There is definitely a few improvements to swing by the developers regarding this. Thanks :) 

The fact that all files are displayed is good.
Logically, the numbering should go from left to right and from top to bottom (and not from bottom to top as it is now).
But the problem is not in display order. The problem is that the active tab is not displayed in the tab toolbar if it does not fit there, even if it is active. As a result, it is not possible to close it with a mouse or move it.

28 minutes ago, Max N said:

The problem is that the active tab is not displayed in the tab toolbar if it does not fit there, even if it is active. As a result, it is not possible to close it with a mouse or move it.

Sorry I forgot to mention this got logged when I replied :) macOS pulls it to the left of all the open documents, so Windows should too! 

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey Max N,

Being able to click the list would be great. Also  "Ordered as they were opened" would be great if that could happen

Also, when you get more than a few tabs one can no longer read the file names. If the active tab file name could be on (say) the bottom bar or accessible via hovering the tab and getting a tool tip type pop up ... that would be very helpful

... and make rasterize and trim the default ... oops sorry ... I didn't mean to hijack the thread ... 

banghead.gif

LOL pound 2.GIF

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 & beta 1.8.0.486   Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 beta  1.8.0.486 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.422 beta  1.7.2.458

yoda.png

15 hours ago, Rick G said:

Also, when you get more than a few tabs one can no longer read the file names. If the active tab file name could be on (say) the bottom bar or accessible via hovering the tab and getting a tool tip type pop up ... that would be very helpful

I'm seeing a tooltip that includes the file location and its name. I guess this only works if you're opening existing files.

9 hours ago, Chris B said:

I'm seeing a tooltip that includes the file location and its name. I guess this only works if you're opening existing files.

How did I miss that? {DOH!} It works on any file as long as it has been saved

Thank you

yoda.png