You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Curvature for Pen Tool: Tool or Function ???

Hello Team !

Back again with this topic which i think i more a question than a suggestion.
Well !

A curvature tool is something we find in Ai which make certain type of drawing easy to achieve.
We have not a tool like that with Affinity Designer i know but the Pen tool was recently over boosted for better satisfaction.

is there a way (using the pen tool and one of its current fucntions) to create shapes similar to what can be created with the curvature tool ?
if Yes please share the trick and link a video here so we can learn.
if No then i suggest Devs to tweak the Pen tool or any other tool that suppose to make it so this kind of operation to happen.

There are people who specializes on drawing abstract things and make the beauty shine out of it and i know one of the first tool they may ask if they chose to move to Affinity Designer will be that one tool and also being able to do that so called curved thing will be of great help for hand lettering design, logo and fonts designer and compensate the fact that we not a smooth tool implemented yet.

Less is more said Tom Cargill from Satori Graphics and Chris Do from the Futur, a tool/function that help us design with less nodes will help us do more and much better.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

41 minutes ago, fde101 said:

You can get a similar effect by simply creating the line segments with the pen tool then dragging them with the node tool (the segments rather than the nodes).

Thank You @fde101
I'm exploiting right now a hack that may give me similar results but i still maintain this request.
if in any case the devs find out they need to improve something with the already existing tools then please just do and update the community.
Also there is a 1h30min long FREE course from @IsabelAracama on the PEN Tool that anyone here will find useful check it here FREE Course - Pen Tool (Skillshare)

Blessing to y'All and let's keep improving.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

On 2/21/2019 at 5:51 PM, Uncle Mez said:

Thank You @fde101
I'm exploiting right now a hack that may give me similar results but i still maintain this request.
if in any case the devs find out they need to improve something with the already existing tools then please just do and update the community.
Also there is a 1h30min long FREE course from @IsabelAracama on the PEN Tool that anyone here will find useful check it here FREE Course - Pen Tool (Skillshare)

Blessing to y'All and let's keep improving.

Thanks Uncle Mez for letting more ppl know about the course! I really appreciate it. When I want to trace a perfect curve I either use the method I explain in lesson 7 of the course (symmetrical segments) or method 3 in lesson 10 (where I draw the heart shape) to make my life really easy, which basically is what fde101 suggested plus refining with the corner tool. It is not exactly Ai curvature tool, but I think it does a pretty good job! Thanks again and let me take the chance to  ask you please, if you take the course and like it, to review it. It'll help  me a lot grow my channel there. Kiss!