You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live Preview: Boolean Operations & Alignements

Hello Team !

Today i just want to make a suggestion which maybe you have received from other users already, if it is not the case then ... let's keep moving on.

Live preview are great things that i believe can be expand accross many most used functions such as Boolean Operations and Alignment & Distribute.
Well sometime doing a vector design we may want to cut shapes or combine or do whatever passes by our brain and find ourself stuck in the Do-Undo because we are missing the right tool etc...
One would say : Learn !
I would answer: it is okay to learn but sometime hard to do when in the middle of something beautiful.
So making the Boolean operation to also Live preview is a good thing, i would select the desired shapes and just slide my cursor above the different boolean operations for them to display the result without me clicking on it and i click only when i find (through live display) the right operation i wanted to achieve.

The same Live ability should be implemented to Alignement and Distribute too.
Select the object i want to align, click the align & distribute icon and slide above the different alignment or distribution to see then come up live and click only if it is what i want.
The Live thing was implemented for Adjustments and saved us from tons of mistake in such a way the giant Adobe implemented it into its software suite and we can see today how easy PS and Ai have become.

So why not going a step ahead and expand it to much more functions and tools ?
Boolean Operations + Alignments and distribute is actually what i've found, maybe another one have found another tool that need this i don't know.
If so please leave your idea here so we help Devs and others to figure it right and get it implemented so we test it in this beta and help them correct and make it perfect for final release.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

1 hour ago, Uncle Mez said:

i just want to make a suggestion

The beta forums are for raising issues related to beta builds. Suggestions for improvements and new features belong in the main forums.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)