You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placed greyscale image issue

I just tried placing a greyscale image inside a CMYK document but it ends up with a weird overlay/fill effect. If I paste the image in from Affinity Photo it appears normally (though it's probably being converted to full CMYK rather than just K).

Anyone run into this, or just a bug in the current (1.7.0.238) version?

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 5.52.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 5.52.55 PM.png

Ah-ha! Took me a minute to track it down but yes, I found it. And deselecting it renders the image properly—but means it no longer exports as K only. Looks like it's just a rendering glitch in the app—with K selected (as it was by default when I imported the image) it renders incorrectly in the app but exports as it should.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thanks for the files. I've recreated that and will get it passed on to development! I did find that using the 257 build that the PDF output was fine - do you have a screenshot of your PDF export settings that give the broken output?

On 3/12/2019 at 1:16 AM, Sean P said:

Thanks for the files. I've recreated that and will get it passed on to development! I did find that using the 257 build that the PDF output was fine - do you have a screenshot of your PDF export settings that give the broken output?

Yep! PDF result and settings attached here.

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.53.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 12.53.59 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.