musicfed

Can someone tell me how to do this election?

I’m trying to follow this video made with affinity photo desktop but I cannot seem to do on my iPad what he does at 6:15 onwards with the selection of the text layer and creation of that mask  

how do I select the text like that? Cheers  fed

On iPad it is easy to add mask layer. Just select layer you want masked and tap the + symbol above layer panel. An 'empty mask layer' conceals everything nested or below. Paint with white to reveal 'masked' content. A 'Mask Layer' is a mask that reveals everything and paint black on mask to conceal.

just remember top layer takes precedence on what is displayed and nesting (dragging and dropping a pixel layer / mask layer) over another layer allows you to add the effect to the new layer.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.150 Affinity Design 1.7.2.4 Publisher for iPad ?

7 hours ago, DM1 said:

On iPad it is easy to add mask layer. Just select layer you want masked and tap the + symbol above layer panel. An 'empty mask layer' conceals everything nested or below. Paint with white to reveal 'masked' content. A 'Mask Layer' is a mask that reveals everything and paint black on mask to conceal.

just remember top layer takes precedence on what is displayed and nesting (dragging and dropping a pixel layer / mask layer) over another layer allows you to add the effect to the new layer.

thanks but your method doesn't seem to achieve what I see in the video, where he creates a selection out of the text only, and then creates a mask with it. doesn't seem to work the way you describe it