Sign in to follow this  
ArtisOracle

Can't find layers panel?

I use multiple monitors at work, so I am thinking this might be the cause? My layers panel has disappeared. I don't know where it is or how to get it back. Can someone help? Am I missing something obvious? When I right click on an item and click on "Find in Layers Panel" nothing happens.

Really love using this trial and am probably going to purchase. But I gotta know why it's doing this. Thanks!!

I run into this pretty regularly in Designer when I unplug my external monitor to work only on my MBP display. Separated mode loses things including the Layers panel and I'm forced to 'Reset Studio' pretty often. It makes custom panel layouts a futile effort.

(I don't want to sound like a downer, Designer is one of my favorite pieces of software ever!)

I am having trouble getting the layers panel.  I never had the  layers panel 

I did the View>  Studio> Layers and  uncheck 

then I rechecked.

then Reset Studio 

then show  right studio and left studio---- these I unchecked and  rechecked.

Still no Layers panel

What should I do now?

9 minutes ago, LaneK said:

I am having trouble getting the layers panel.  I never had the  layers panel 

I did the View>  Studio> Layers and  uncheck 

then I rechecked.

then Reset Studio 

then show  right studio and left studio---- these I unchecked and  rechecked.

Still no Layers panel

What should I do now?

Do you have multiple monitors? Which application are you using?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

Thanks. And I forgot to ask, which Persona are you in? The Layers panel is only in the Photo Persona.

Can you provide a screenshot?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

Thanks. In the studio on the right, you have the Adjustments panel active. The Layers panel is the tab immediately to the right of the Adjustments panel. What do you get if you click on it?

-- Walt