You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Weird color shift while using Define

I have a shot of an old (1794) gristmill that has significant noise in the "pinkish" shutters on the shaded side of the mill.  I decided to dig-out Define 2 to see if it would be able to reduce the noise on the pink shutters to an acceptable level.  Define met my objects,  however as can be seen in the screen grab, while using Define, a weird color shift occurred in the preview window (the color shift went away when I clicked ok and went back to AP).  The color shift has not really impacted my use of Define, just disconcerting.  BTW, I experienced a similar color shift while using Imagenomic's Noiseware and Topaz Denoise 6.

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 8.01.19 AM.png

MEB, Thank you.  

Yes I am using ProPhoto. Will 1.7 be passing the color profile?

BTW, I tried to load the 1.6.7 plugins into 1.7 beta and the results were not particularly satisfying.

Image 1 is 1.6.7 and Image 2 is 1.7 Beta.  Neither Imagenomic, NIK, nor Topaz appeared in 1.7

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 9.29.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 9.28.12 AM.png

• Staff

Seems like a configuration issue to me. Are you sure both are using the same settings in Affinity Preferences, Photoshop Plugins window? Can you post a screenshot of that window for both retail and beta versions?

Not sure why is Affinity Photo 1.6.7 using the Beta icon in Photo Persona on your screenshot...

• Staff

It's probably a configuration issue. Can you post a screenshot of the Photoshop Plugins window (in Affinity Preferences) for both retail and beta versions?

Note that some Nik Collection plugins currently don't work in Affinity Photo 1.7 Customer Beta (on Mac) See this post for details.

• Staff

Hi Big_Stan,
Thanks for the images. Here's what you have todo to configure this correctly:

1. Remove all entries from the Plugin Search Folders section

2. In the Plugin Search Folders section (top right):
- click the Add button then browse to Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Plugins and click OK. This path should now appear in the Plugin Search Folders input field.

3. In the Plugin Support Folders section (bottom right):
- click the Authorise Global button then click Authorise again in the Finder dialog that will open - you should then see a forward slash "/" in the corresponding input filed

4. Make sure "Allow Unknown plugins to be used" is ticked (as in your screenshots).

5. Restart Affinity Photo for these changes take effect.

That's it.

If you have all plugins installed in Photoshop CS6 (Nik Collection, Topaz, Imagenomic etc) they should now appear in Affinity Photo as well.