You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text vanishing between pages (spreads)

Maybe this is reported elsewhere.

Step 1: Create a document with two or more pages
Step 2: Place a text frames with 5 lines of text (depends on the font) between the pages.
Result: 2 1/2 lines are being cut off. See image.

Funny side note: If you drag the text frame down and up again from page 1 into the gap the last lines vanish. If you drag the text frame down and up again from page 2 the first lines vanish.

spacing-pages.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Unless I'm misunderstanding you. I don't think this is a bug. You either have the text frame on one page or the other, you can't have it on both pages at the same time. If you want the text to flow from one page to another you need to put a text frame on each page and link them.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

11 minutes ago, MickRose said:

I've never been able to get anything outside the bleed area to show on the pasteboard. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Use the backslash (\) key to view items on the pasteboard.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Works for me! (I'm using .227 on Windows).

Ctrl \ does indeed show items outside of the bleed. I must have forgotten that. But as PaulEC says, items have to on one page or another page - they can't be on both pages. If you move an object to within the bleed box of a page it shows up on that page and only that page. This applies to a black box, a photo, a text frame or presumably anything. I know ADesigner iterms can straddle artboards but APublisher clearly doesn't.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.