You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No adjustments for images in pic frames on master pages

Hi there!

My goal is to use a master page with empty picture frames on it. Later these frames are supposed to be filled on regular pages. However, some of them need some treatment after beeing imported, be it a levels adjustment or something else. And here my problem starts. Lets have a closer look:

• Create a new document with any number of pages and use a default master page.

• Go to the master page and create two empty picture frames. Apply this master to all of your regular pages.

• Go to one oft he regular pages, select one of the picture frames and click on „replace image“. Choose an appropriate image from your disk. Repeat this for the second picture frame.

• Now select one of the images and apply any adjustment filter, e.g. „Brightness + Contrast“.

Once applied I can’t remove the adjustment any more! I can’t even tweak the settings any more or switch off the adjustment - no matter what layer I select in the layers panel. Am I doing something wrong?

I’ve attached a file to demonstrate the problem. Perhaps it’s just me…

Best,
Volker

problem-with-pic-frames.afpub

Hi @VolkerMB

I've opened your file and change the filter without any problem. Do you use the version 1.7.0.238?

Do you reset Affinity to the default holding the CTRL key when you start it?

image.png.95a5bb0896241a741a14638dce651679.png 

You have to double click on the filter you created to change the value.

Hope that you will help you!

Regards

Hi MEB,

thanks for checking and your advice.

I assumed that images placed on regular pages in empty picture frames from the master page would also remain on the regular page. But now it seems that these are taken over into the master page (but appear only on this specific page). Probably the missing orange line next to the image in the layers panel deceived me (or my experience with PPX9).

But this irritates me: Why can I first adjust the image without clicking on "Edit Detached", but not change it later?

Best,
Volker

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.