You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pantone colors? Anyone else like to see more specific colors?

MEB...Thanks for the reply... I just read in your roadmap. I should have read this before posting haha. Thanks and I am really enjoying this program immensely. So happy this exists. I quit creating work after freehand deceased because I just don't like Adobe's format. Keep up the good work!

I'll chime in too. Would love to see Pantone color swatches as well. Currently when I import Ai files my spot colors are missing. The file is just blank and I have to reassign fills and strokes with new colors. Spot colors are a must for production. - this program is a great start to giving ADOBE a run for it's money. Adobe has become lazy.

• 3 months later...

[EDIT: ignore this post… have since bought AD and AP and found through searching the forum more that you can import the PANTONE swatches…

absolutely fantastic software… thanks

cheers T]

Hi MEB… I am a hopeful AD/AP/APub user :-) 

in a thread elsewhere in the forum, one of the Affinity team said that they would be adding in PANTONE support "very soon" and that it was intimated that it was pretty much ready to go, but that was back in Oct 2014 which is getting close to 12 months ago and it seems there is still no PANTONE support… being in print design this is a killer for me, as is the inclusion of printer/crop marks which is a real pity as I REALLY REALLY want to start using AD right now… so, how much longer before PANTONE is in?

cheers from OZ

• 1 month later...

[EDIT: ignore this post… have since bought AD and AP and found through searching the forum more that you can import the PANTONE swatches…

absolutely fantastic software… thanks

cheers T]

Hi. Can you please link the topic where importing PANTONE swatches is described? I´m not able to find it neither to find a workaround to specify a color as a additional printing-color    :mellow: