You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear all,

I am quite a newbie to photo editing and Affinity Photo. But after a Udemy Course and hours of searching tutorials, I got stuck on one topic :)

The problem:
I took a product photo of my watch for my online shop and have many reflections on the polished metal of the bezel. You can see fingers from me triggering the camera on the reflection of the bezel and also some spots on the bezel are overexposed, but nevertheless, I like this shot.

My questions is:
Is it possible to achieve a polished metal effect with any tool and retexture the bezel of my watch? 

I want to achieve a reflection as on the attached image.

I am looking forward to your help!

Unbenannt.JPG

1 hour ago, PixelPest said:

No question this is possible; I´d use conical gradients and stacking them one upon the other:ConicalGradients.jpg.b77ff1b54b7765e7e77b94d0f220b210.jpg

Thank you so much, this is what I was looking for!

Could you give me a brief step–by—step instruction, maybe which colours you used, the arrangement/order of the colours in the gradient? Here is an image of my watch without watchface (but with my fingers on it :))

5286F73B-632D-40C0-9ACD-929F13E30020.jpeg

Could you not just take a better image of the watch instead of doing a patch-up job. You could cut a hole for the lens to fit through in some black or grey card to cover the camera and use the timer to take a better image?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

4 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Could you not just take a better image of the watch instead of doing a patch-up job. You could cut a hole for the lens to fit through in some black or grey card to cover the camera and use the timer to take a better image?

you're right, but I thought there might be a way to achieve a good result by editing the picture. I had a really hard time photographing the watch because its so reflective . Anyway thank you for the tip with with the hole!